A small, counter top, display cabinet from the famous, Hardy Brothers angling specialists. A lovely,1930's, oak and glass cabinet with rear access and two glass shelves, ideal for a small collection.
In 1872, William Hardy opened his "Gunsmith, Whitesmith and Cutlers" store in Alnwick, Northumberland. His brother, John James, joined the business soon after, and they diversified to Angling Supplies. The Company of Hardy Brothers Ltd opened several stores, including one in Pall Mall. By 1932 they were given a Royal Appointment to King George V.